Join us in a thought-provoking community conversation about the challenges of living in Massachusetts as a transgender person, viewed from several different perspectives. What are the trans rights currently in place? What would be the threat to trans rights if the current law is not upheld by a Yes vote for Question 3 on the November 6th ballot?
- Rabbi Sharon Clevenger: Middle School Rabbi at The Rashi School, former Rabbi at TBE
- CeCe Hansen: a long time Wellesley resident, transgender woman, and parent of two sons
- Sawyer Bethel: Executive Director, OUT MetroWest
- Rabbi Mike Moskowitz: a deeply traditional and radically progressive advocate for trans rights, and a vocal ally for LGBT inclusivity
- Mimi Micner: Advocacy and Campaign Specialist, Keshet
- Rev. Dr. Kelly Murphy Mason: Sr. Minister, Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills
Panel moderated by Michelle Chalmers, President, World of Wellesley. A question and answer period will follow speakers’ remarks.
Event Sponsors: TBE Congregants for Transgender Equity, Wellesley Village Church – Congregational, Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills, League of Women Voters of Wellesley, World of Wellesley, OUT MetroWest, Keshet, Freedom ForAll Massachusetts